Sunday, May 22, 2011

Working Hard

Still wrapping my brain around the M'Caw connections directly to Duncan.  Meantime, checking out hints on Ancestry.com and downloading the gedcom to my Rootsmagic program.  Sometimes I can find and fill in gaps from familysearch.org and import that directly into Rootsmagic.  Then I can automerge everything because doing it this way (as opposed to creating a separate file every time) does create duplicates.  However, with programs like Rootsmagic, checking sources and comparing people and correcting is easy (my duplicates and others').
Stewart's final chapter (so far) of his Memoirs covers how he got started in this adventure of internet geneology social networking.  I also wrote a "chapter" about how I discovered my roots and how Stewart and I collaborated. Finally got a final edit done and sent the two in to Internet Geneology magazine.  A few months' wait now (the downside of authorship).  Whether accepted or rejected, we are both encouraged to continue our work. 

No comments: